Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Lynyrd Skynyrd

I woke up this morning with the words of a Lynyrd Skynyrd song in my head. They were:
"I know a little
I know a little about it
I know a little
I know a little 'bout it
I know a little 'bout love
And baby I can guess the rest"
The chorus of the song 'I know a little' - originally from the album "Street Survivors" which was released just days before the plane crash that killed most of the band (NB the album sleve pictured here is the original for that album, but was replaced by one without flames shortly after the tragic accident).

I love that lyric! And words on this blog can't do justice to the cool guitar riff that follows the chorus. Track it down and enjoy. Its on loads of Lynyrd Skynyrd compilations.



For what its worth, I compiled myself a single disc CD compilation of my favourite Skynyrd songs, the track listing is as follows:
  1. Sweet home Alabama
  2. Simple man
  3. Tuesday's gone
  4. Gimme three steps
  5. Ballad of Curtis Loew
  6. Freebird
  7. The four walls of Railford
  8. I know a little
  9. Gimme back my bullets
  10. That smell
  11. Whiskey rock-a-roller
  12. I never dreamed
  13. Workin' for MCA
  14. Comin' home
  15. All I can do is write about it

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home