Friday, May 25, 2007

A Scanner Darkly

Just watched the DVD of 'A Scanner Darkly', the rotoscoped animated version of Philip K. Dick's novel starring Keanu Reeves. Visually it was really good. But I really wasn't interested in the plot until more than two thirds of the way into the film and was never 'hooked' by it. I wouldn't bother watching it if I were you, unless you happen to be a Philip K Dick fan already.

The decision I now have to make is that I recorded Richard Linklater's (the director) other rotoscoped film - 'Waking Life' - the other night. Haven't watched it yet. Can I be bothered now? Not sure. I'll let you know if I do watch it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:54 am, Blogger Ricky Carvel said...

Watched the first bit of Waking Life. Got bored, gave up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home