Monday, November 12, 2007

Not SAD Birthday

Its at this time of the year that some people in this hemisphere start to get SAD - seasonal affective disorder. I am not one of them.

I love the autumn. I love it when it gets cold and crisp in the mornings. I love it when it gets dark in the evenings. I love it when the leaves fall off the trees and rustle around the pavements. I love it when the shadows are twice as long as the things which cast them and the light has that peculiar golden quality it only has in November and March.

Today was a lovely day. There was a clear sky, a fresh breeze and a light frost on everything this morning. My weather station tells me that it got down to -3.3 degrees last night. Even the leaves in the garden were slightly frosty. Beautiful. My favourite kind of day.

I got to wrap up warmly and wear a cosy hat and scarf on my way to the train this morning. Excellent.

I was heading into town to have lunch with a friend. It was a lovely day. It was also my birthday. All was right with the world.

Well, except for Scotrail cancelling the train I went for...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:00 pm, Blogger Marcus Green said...

Then a belated penblwydd hapus to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home