Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hottest day of the year?

Yesterday (19th July) was allegedly the hottest day ever in the UK (well, since 1911), with the temperatures in some places reaching 36 or 37°C. I saw the weather report on the morning news yesterday and dressed accordingly - shorts & t-shirt. But I live in Edinburgh. Here it was warm, sunny, slightly cloudy and not as hot as the past few days. I was actually cold at some points and wished I was wearing jeans and a jumper! The thermometer on my office window ledge, which was showing temeperatures round about 25 or 26°C on tuesday, didn't rise above 21°C all day.

So the moral of the story is don't believe the national weather report. If you live in Edinburgh, take a jumper with you just in case...

1 Comments:

At 1:43 pm, Blogger Gareth J M Saunders said...

It was around 26 deg C in my office yesterday, even warmer the day before.

Outside (in St Andrews) it was cloudy, harr-y and overcast all day, and much cooler.

Interesting, driving out of St Andrews on the road to Anstruther, I climbed out of the harr and into brilliant sunshine. Cellardyke and Anstruther were bathed in glorious, solar-provided warmth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home