Thursday, August 31, 2006

Teenage dreams shattered...


Everyone has at least one crush on a singer when they are a teenager. One of mine was Susanna Hoffs from The Bangles. I still get a shiver down my spine when I hear the bit in Walk like an Egyptian when she takes over the vocals.

So anyway, I recently got the new album by Susanna Hoffs (with Matthew Sweet) - Under the covers, Vol. 1. An album of 60s cover versions - and very good it is too. But there are some photos in the CD inlay, and I was shocked to discover that Susanna Hoffs has bad knees! I mean, really unattractive ones, not that she's unable to stand on them or anything.

There's a documentary about girl groups on the telly at the moment, and there's just been a clip of the Bangles performing Walk like an Egyptian in the late 80s, and she had bad knees then... how come I never noticed this at the time?

A teenage idol knocked off her pedestal. Sigh.



I still love her voice though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home