Friday, June 08, 2007

Pan's Labyrinth

The film reviewer Mark Kermode (TV's Culture Show and Radio BBC Five Live's Simon Mayo show - search for the podcast on iTunes) claimed (repeatedly) that this was the best film of 2006 at any opportunity. My friend David M describes it as "Best. Film. Ever." Almost every review I have read of this film lavishes praise on it. So I was expecting greatness.

The film delivered it. This is a truly beautiful film. Although, I have to point out (for the benefit of those of you who haven't read any other reviews...) that there is a lot of ugliness in the film too, which only goes to make the beauty that bit more beautiful. If you know what I mean.

Any description of the plot I could give would give you the wrong impression, indeed, the plot didn't go where I was expecting it to from what I'd heard. So I'll not spoil anything here.

Just watch it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home